One of the four cast-iron four-armed candelabras with five glass balls designed by Carl Börner adorning the Lombardsbrücke (Lombard Bridge) in Hamburg, Germany.
In Central Park, NYC there is a replica of one of the historic streetlights from the Lombard Bridge. It is a gift from the City of Hamburg, dedicated on March 1, 1979.
The Lombard Bridge is a road and rail bridge over the Alster River in Hamburg. It was named after the Lombard pawn shop situated here in 1651. The original wooden bridge was replaced in 1865 by the 69 m-long bridge that now spans the Alster River in three arches between Inner and Outer Alster.
Next to the Lombard Bridge is the Kennedy Bridge. The second bridge was constructed in 1953 because the old Lombard Bridge couldn’t cope with the increased traffic. The bridge was originally called New Lombardsbrücke. It was renamed Kennedy Bridge in 1963 in honour of American president John F. Kennedy, after his assassination. Both Lombardsbrücke and Kennedybrücke divide the Inner Alster Lake (Binnenalster) and Outer Alster Lake (Aussenalster).
March 14th, 2020
Viewed 414 Times - Last Visitor from Shenzhen, 30 - China on 03/17/2023 at 8:46 PM