Low tide showing the exposed timbers, foundations and water level marks on the Laeiszhoff, Globushoff and Trostbrucke.
Nikolaifleet is a canal in the Altstadt of Hamburg, which was the original branch of the Alster estuary. It separates the Cremon island from the mainland. First mentioned in 1188, the Nikolaifleet is considered one of the oldest parts of the Port of Hamburg.
Although called a canal, the Fleet is dependent on the tide and its water level fluctuates with the tide. The word Fleet comes from "fleten" in medieval German, meaning "flow".
October 10th, 2019
Viewed 357 Times - Last Visitor from Shenzhen, 30 - China on 03/21/2023 at 5:31 AM