St Mungo’s is a member church of the Scottish Episcopal Church, which forms part of the Anglican Communion. The church began with an evening service and Sunday school in 1863. The Ladycroft building was built in 1869 as a church and a school, with a cottage for the headteacher. St.Mungo was one of the three great figures in Scottish Christian history along with St.Ninian and St.Columba. Kentigern, known as Mungo, was a missionary in the Brittonic Kingdom of Strathclyde in the late sixth century. He is the patron saint and founder of the City of Glasgow.
March 22nd, 2021
Viewed 274 Times - Last Visitor from Shenzhen, 30 - China on 01/31/2023 at 9:22 AM